Friday, November 6, 2015

The Beautiful Struggle...

Hey there Socialites!

 Last (Tuesday) night my Colleagues/SisterFriends and I attended the Kalamazoo Community Foundation's 2015 Annual Meeting at the Miller Auditorium.
That's ME in the red...

Ta-Nehisi Coates was our Keynote Speaker, and he spoke to his experiences as a Black Man coming of age in the United States...he gave us key insights as well as some knowledge and nuggets regarding what we need to do as a Society to address the root causes that have placed us all in the spaces in which we operate today.


I also got a chance to purchase both of his books, and I am over the moon excited to read them in the very near future!  I will also keep you posted on my thoughts once finish each!




What book (s) are you reading right now?  Please COMMENT below to let me know...I'm always looking for new and stimulating reads!

No comments:

Post a Comment