Monday, November 2, 2015

Allow me to REINTRODUCE myself...

Hello Socialites!

I can't believe that it's been over THREE YEARS since I last posted ANYTHING on my previous blog, The Adventures of the Self-Made Socialite http://selfmadesocialite.blogspot.com/ !  

Just reading through my previous posts has evoked in me a sense of nostalgia for days gone past--but I must say that I am also eagerly anticipating sharing with you all what has occurred in my life since October 2012!  Quite a bit has transpired actually, and I am SO EXCITED to take you on my NEW life's journey, so let's begin...

As a means to get me back into the writing groove, I have decided to participate in #NaBloPoMo, which is also known as National Blog Posting Month!  Although this is November 2, and I am one day behind, I do promise moving forward to POST EVERY SINGLE DAY for the rest of the month. no matter how tired, busy, or whateverelse I may be feeling!

So, I have to re-post something that I wrote for the first blog three years ago, as it still rings true today...that was me then, and this is me now...

"I envision the Self-Made Socialite to be a woman that is Strong, Intelligent, Well-Read, Well-Traveled, Philanthropic, with killer Personal Style.  Not perfect, yet striving for perfection in all that she does.  Humble, Kind, Considerate, always striving to better not just herself, but those around her as well.

The Self-Made Socialite wears many hats, yet manages to juggle them all effectively.  She is a Mother, a Wife/Significant Other, a Sister, a Daughter, a Friend, a Business Woman…simply put, she’s “EVERY Woman.”

She is me…She is you…she is the women that we admire and look-up to, who have come from meager beginnings, yet have managed through hard work and tenacity, to “make something of themselves,” be they successful Mothers, Educators, or Corporate Executives.  

She is the woman that we raise our Daughters to be and the type of woman that we pray our Sons marry…Confident, Driven, and Secure with the Beautiful Woman that she has become.  She’s Beautiful not only externally, but internally as well…and SHE knows this, without anyone telling her at all…

But understand this…she is not perfect, and she understands and embraces this fact.  She can be stubborn, impatient, and even a bit self-centered from time to time…but she has learned to embrace her imperfections too…and uses the moments when these less flattering pieces of her existence present themselves as life lessons…so that eventually, she will have tamed those characteristics completely.

I have finally come to the conclusion that I AM WHO I WANT TO BE…my existence is not dependant nor based upon others’ desires or definitions of who I can/should be.  I am happy with who I am, but I am not content…I strive daily to be the best ME that I can be, and I encourage you to do the same! 

Simply put, I am the Self-Made Socialite."

WOW...I wrote that three years ago...while so much has happened since then, the above statement still rings true...I think I may just have a way with words...STAY TUNED for what else I have to say!!!

2 comments: