Tuesday, July 19, 2016

A Mother's Perspective


Photo Credit: SRG Photography


I've marinated for quite a while about the how/when I might address the issues that are going on in our Country today, in reagards to the relationship and interactions between People of Color and Law Enforcement Officials, that has resulted in numerous deaths throughout the Nation.

There is so much that I could say.  There are so many emotions that I would like to express.  I don't think that I could write a blog post long enough to truly express my  sentiments...I WAS however blessed to share a portion of my sentiments on a National Platform, through my reading performance in the Listen To Your Mother Southwest Michigan 2016 Show.

Listen To Your Mother Southwest Michigan was an invaulable experience for me!  Merely writing my piece pushed me as a writer AND performing it was truly exhilarating! As a bonus, I was able to connect with twelve other phenomenal women and one wonderful man, all of whom blessed the stage with their presence, and their compelling stories!

You can check out a link to our show and further information regarding the performance AND #LTYM Movement here: Listen To Your Mother Southwest Michigan









AND if you are interested in seeing what I had to say...check me out below:

Listen To Your Mother Reading 2016


I'd LOVE your feedback!  Please #like, #comment, #share, #discuss!!!

1 comment:

  1. just watched your performance, tracey. wow! your words and passion around raising your son are insightful and so moving.

    ReplyDelete